Access Rainfall and Soil Moisture/Temperature Data using the Iowa Flood Information System and any of the following three methods
(Step by step instructions)
- Visit http://iowafloodcenter.org
- Launch IFIS >> http://ifis.iowafloodcenter.org/ifis/en/
- Click Launch IFIS (View Screenshot)
- From the dashboard, click LAUNCH in the STATE OVERVIEW tab. (View Screenshot)
- Click Rain/Soil Moisture Gauges under the DATA RESOURCES tab.
… Read more ›
Finding a location for two of the four University of Iowa XPOL radars was easy. They will remain at their current home base locations near Iowa City and Cedar Rapids overlooking the Clear Creek Watershed for the IFloodS campaign. For the other two destined for the Turkey River basin in northeast Iowa — well, there was work to be done.
As is typical, finding the “ideal” radar locations proved to be challenging. … Read more ›