Turkey River Watershed Management Authority Established
On June 29th, thirty five cities, counties, and SWCDs in the Turkey River Watershed voluntarily agreed to work together to:
- assess and reduce the flood risks,
- assess and improve water quality,
- monitor the federal flood risk planning and activities,
- offer education to residents of the watershed regarding flood risks and water quality, and
- allocate moneys made available for purposes of water quality and flood mitigation in the watershed.
This unprecendented partnership will provide the opportunity and means for local planning and decision-making that results in watershed improvement.
- Turkey River Watershed Management Authority 28E Agreement + Signature Pages (PDF)
- List of Partnering Political Subdivisions (PDF)
Partnering Political Subdivisions
|Soil and Water Conservation Districts